Back Injury Attorney in San Luis Obispo, CA
If you or a loved one were injured and are suffering from back injuries due to the negligence of someone else, call us at 805 Law Group to consult with a trusted San Luis Obispo back injury attorney. There are certain accidents that lead to serious injuries, which affects both the accident victims and their loved ones for a long period of time. Get legal help to seek full compensation and make sure that those who are liable are held accountable.
Call us at 805-365-6290 to schedule a consultation with us.
Dealing with Back Injury in California
A back injury is not only limited to spinal cord injuries. In certain cases, back problems involve debilitating injuries to tendons and muscles as well. These are usually in the cervical region, which refers to the seven uppermost vertebrae of the neck, and in the lumbar region, which refers to the five strongest and largest lower back vertebrae. What may seem like a minor back injury could actually lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering. Add to this what may seem like an endless need for medical attention.
If you have sustained torn muscles or ligaments, crushed vertebrae, a herniated disc, strains and sprains or infection due to the recklessness or carelessness of someone else, then you could be entitled to recover compensation. Make sure that a trusted San Luis Obispo personal injury attorney is helping you. Seek quality legal representation and increase your chances of receiving compensation owed to you for past, present, and future rehabilitative treatment and medical bills. Call us at 805-365-6290 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Common Causes Of Back Injuries
While some acute back pain symptoms are indeed due to a simple misuse or overuse of muscles (such as in repetitive lifting) or poor posture, most serious injuries are caused by another party at fault. An individual or a company that have caused a person involved in an accident to become injured may be held liable under relevant personal injury law. Additionally, workers compensation may be due an individual if he or she was injured while on the job.
Car crashes or other types of motor vehicle collisions remain to be a common cause of back injuries. These often lead to sudden trauma to the neck or spine of the driver or passenger, be it in a small motorcycle accident or a truck accident where huge vehicles are involved. In certain cases, slip and fall or work-related accidents can also lead to bodily injury.
Below are just some of the most common types of back injuries reported. These include:
- Fractured spine
- Torn muscles or ligaments
- Crushed vertebrae
- A herniated disc
- Strains and sprains
If you or a family member has suffered from any of these due to the fault of another person, consult with our back injury lawyers at 805 Law Group. We specialize in personal injury lawsuits and can help you win the compensation you deserve.
Rehabilitation For Back Injury Victims
Due to advancements in medicine, major back injuries (similar to spinal cord injuries) may be treated with multiple serious surgeries. Depending on the severity of the case, physical therapy and medication may help victims with minor back injuries heal faster.
Below are rehabilitation and treatment options that are common in personal injury cases. These include:
- Traditional open back surgery. This is meant for individuals with vertebral fractures, bulging discs, broken bones, or spinal nerve compression. Accident victims who have not significantly recovered after medication, bracing, or physical therapy, or who have worsened over time, are often subject to various types of back surgeries.
- Discectomy. This is a type of open back surgery. Here, in order to relieve inflammation and irritation of the nerve, the herniated portion of the affected disc is removed.
- Spinal fusion. This is another type of open back surgery. In order to add stability to a spinal fracture and relieve pain, a spinal fusion permanently connects two or more bones in the spine.
- Spinal conditioning program. A conditioning program that is well-designed and structured helps in strengthening muscles and in improving flexibility. Together with surgery and other medical treatment, these exercises help alleviate the effects of these injuries.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS). Patients with spinal infections, lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated discs, and spinal infections may be able to opt for this surgery. MIS is a generally quicker and less painful surgery that gives patients several benefits of a traditional open lumbar surgery minus the large incisions, blood loss, and scars.
All the above involve costly medical treatment and procedures. Recovering compensation is crucial. Call us at 805-365-6290 to schedule a free initial consultation with a reliable personal injury lawyer in San Luis Obispo, CA.
Recovering Compensation for Medical Expenses
Regardless of the cause, being injured causes tremendous amounts of stress for those involved. Both major and minor injuries should be taken seriously, since they can lead to a lifetime of stress, pain and suffering, and rehabilitation. If your back injuries were due to the wrongdoings and negligence of someone else, make sure to go through the legal process involved. Personal injury claims are key to recovering compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation, therapy, and other expenses.
Seeking medical advice from doctors and other professionals is crucial for any back injury. Medical experts can design an effective treatment program for your specific injury or medical condition. Experienced San Luis Obispo personal injury attorneys, meanwhile, will take care of your personal injury case. Our California personal injury law firm has worked with numerous victims in various circumstances, and will answer all your legal questions related to back injuries.
Call Our San Luis Obispo Back Injury Attorney Today!
At 805 Law Group, we take your personal injury lawsuit very seriously. Our team of experienced back injury lawyers will walk you through the legal proceedings necessary for such claims. We will work closely with you, before and even after going to the courtroom, to make sure that you get the compensation that is rightfully yours.
Contact us now at 805-365-6290 to schedule a free initial consultation with a trusted San Luis Obispo personal injury attorneys.